Rob and Jess started dating soon after visiting Cape Town together as friends. In the almost-nine years since, we’ve moved to Brooklyn, married, traveled the globe, and visited 28+ countries.
We believe in:
- Going wherever the cheap tickets take us (this is how we ended up in Oman)
- Making sure we’re eating well on the road (chasing everything from Michelin stars to roadside eats)
- Spending enough to get a clean hotel room (but not so much that we stay in our hotel room all day long)
- Getting in our 10,000+ steps a day (
counted via Jess’ iPhoneJess now has a FitBit Charge 2)
- Refusing to ever let an airline check our bags (carry-on backpacks all the way)
This blog is an outgrowth of friends (and random strangers) asking, “How do you travel so much?” and “If I go to _____, what should I do?” We aim to answer both those questions and share with you our own form of therapy — seeing the world with our own four eyeballs.
Here’s a list of places we’ve been.